Sunday, May 4, 2014

Review of Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mc5UFh8_Guk
Review of Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2
I own this tablet together with a "smart cover" and Android BT keyboard. I also own the 10" version and Surface Pro 2. The Note 12.2 gives the tablet form new, and much needed, purpose. The screen size is now just the right size to do true multi-windowed multitasking. When used with the smart case, it easily rests in my lap or on a table. Combined with a BT keyboard, the tablet shows its real strength---working with files, emails...anything demanding more attention than finger poking.

I ditched the Magazine UI and went with Nova Launcher, but Magazine is headed in a good direction. I really wish Samsung would get rid of the bezel buttons. Additionally, demand time is too gradual. I've read that the LTE version of this tablet will have faster charging due to its Snapdragon processor so maybe it's a limitation of the Samsung processor on the Wifi version. Due to the buttons and charging, I have to give 4 instead of 5 stars.

Overall, this tablet seems best suited to those who prefer using a BT keyboard. Even if you don't use a wireless keyboard the onscreen keyboard is excellent. With the increased screen size the keyboard is now big enough that I can touch type at speeds shut to using a real keyboard, and which is a first for any tablet I've used. It even has the control c and v shortcuts for copy paste!

No comments:

Post a Comment